We all know the hassles of purchasing gas: each year it gets worse and more expensive. It does not have to be this way however, as there are alternatives to saving when going to your next gas purchase. Credit cards often partner up with petrol companies to offer discounts and rebates on car services! You don’t have to break the bank every time you visit a gasoline station anymore when you apply for one the credit cards listed below.
|Credit Card||Fuel Discount|
|Shell Citi Platinum Card||HK$ 1 / liter at Shell gasoline stations|
|Bank of China Esso MasterCard||Petrol discount of HK$ 0.9 / liter|
|Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card||HK$ 0.9 / liter at Caltex gasoline stations|
|Hang Seng Platinum Card||HK$ 0.9 / liter at Caltex gasoline stations|
|HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card||HK$ 0.9 / liter at Caltex gasoline stations|
On top of the discounts you get for refilling at any Shell gasoline stations, you will also enjoy the year-round offers and privileges a CitiBank card gives you!
- Unlimited fuel rebate
- First 3-year annual fee waiver
- HK$ 100 discount on Shell 4L pack Helix Ultra
- HK$15 discount on Shell Auto Car wash program
Bank of China in cooperation with ExxonMobil gives you a plethora of discounts on fuel purchase as well as gift points that you can save in exchange for rewards on hotel, resorts, or gift privileges!
- Total HK$ 500 Synergy Petrol Coupon
- Additional Card will give main card holder 25,000 gift points (maximum is 225,000 gift points)
Esso Petrol discount offer:
- Offer 1: Bank of China Esso Platinum MasterCard up to 3% spending credit reward
- Offer 2: Smiles instant petrol discount HK$ 0.9 / liter
- Offer 3: Earn smiles points
- Perpetual annual fee waiver for main and additional cardholders
- Up to 24-month interest free installment for retail purchases at select merchants
- Up to 56-day interest-free repayment period
- Octopus Automatic Add-Value Service
- Gift rewards program (HK$1 = 1 Gift Point)
- Priority Pass – access to airport lounge worldwide
Those who frequently travel may want to apply for this card: while you spend, spend, spend, you earn more mileage for air travel. This includes transactions on the likes of fuel purchases with an additional rebate to go with it! So, while you spend on land, you accumulate miles for air!
Welcome gift offer of two options:
- American Tourister Bon Air (Retail Price of HK$1,659)
- 216,000 points redeemable for 2 sets of round-trip ticket to Taipei
- 1% Rebate local spending
- 2% Rebate Overseas spending
- Free travel insurance
- Complimentary access to Hong Kong International Airport Plaza Premium (four times a year)
- Asia miles on both overseas and local transactions
- Annual fee waiver (minimum of $100,000 spent every year)
- HK$4 = 1 Mile for overseas spending
- HK$8 = 1 Mile for local spending
With a generous rewards program plus rebate on Caltex purchases, you can receive discounts of up to 20% on select restaurants of JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong, Conrad Hong Kong, InterContinental Hong Kong, W Hong Kong, Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong and many more!
- 2X Cash dollars for spending at Caltex gasoline
- HK$0.9 per liter Cash Rebate on gasoline
- Cash rebate when purchasing gasoline at Caltex
- HK$250 = HK$1 Cash Rebate on all transactions
- Hotel Dining Privileges
- Rewards program with Merchants Rewards
- Interest-free installment up to 24 months
Bonus points await you when you fuel up in Caltex with the HSBC Visa Platinum card! Enjoy offers from hotel chains like Courtyard Marriott, Conrad Hong Kong, Grand Hyatt Hong Kong and the likes for up to 20% off.
- Up to 6X RewardCash on select spending
- 3X RewardCash for spending at Caltex gasoline
- HK$250 spent = $1 Reward Cash
- Visa payWave contactless function
- HSBC Visa Platinum Card privileges
In your next trip to the gasoline station, consider the exclusive offers and discounts the number of times you visit them, they can reward you back in many ways and save you a lot of money along the way. Do you have any more credit cards that offer fuel discounts? Let us know below in the comment section.